Sunday, January 27, 2008

Thomas Alva Edison

I'm breaking my own rules tonight. I can't believe that I'm doing this, cringe, but I am.

I am doing my son's homework.

Yeah, I know, I know. Don't lecture me. I already know.

Not only am I doing his homework, I'm doing his report.

We go to a co-op on Mondays at Tri-County Vineyard with about 400 kids. One of Jonah's classes is Inventors. Over the break, he had an assignment to do a report on Thomas Edison. Over our break from Learning Tree (we are off for six weeks over Christmas), he reminded me every day for about four weeks that we needed to get to the library so he could get moving on his report. Every day I would procrastinate (one of my big no-no's), and finally, here we are, Sunday night and the report is due first period tomorrow morning.

First period...tomorrow morning.

Usually I advocate letting the chips fall where they may. Letting the boys feel some of the heat if they make a poor decision. But this time, I just know that it is my fault. My fault that we didn't go to the library and my fault that I didn't keep my end of the deal. And finally, after he nagged and nagged me, he finally forgot about it.

So, that's what I'm doing tonight. Lecture if you must. Just don't call Jonah's Inventor's teacher.

1 comment:

DanThoms said...

Ha ha ha, it will be even more funny if he gets a low grade on it and he will have no one to blame but you.