Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just chillin'


Gable, Jack, and I decided to stay home today. No, no one was sick. No one was sleepy. We all just decided to stay home. It's rainy and gloomy, but it feels like spring outside. I felt a certain freedom this morning when I was making breakfast and the clock just kept ticking. I also felt a freedom when I went from jammies into sweats. (For all you Seinfeld fans, I echo George Costanza's sentiment that I would drape myself in velour if I could).

So the boys and I are watching Wishbone. Jack has never seen it, but has always wanted to. It's always played on Sundays and for years of Sundays, I worked at church. I do miss the children that I worked with. I do miss the parents. But I don't miss the obligation of having responsibility at church each Sunday. Not for a minute.

I figure that today I will catch up on some good reading. Sit on the couch with my feet up, drive thru McDonald's for a fountain soda (canned or bottled aren't the same and if you're looking for a good fountain soda, McDonald's is the best). I will play a basketball game in the rain as promised with my sweet lil' Gable, and I will play tickle torture with my Cracker-Jack.

And then life will resume as normal. I will do my laundry and do the dishes. I will get my lessons ready for tomorrow. But before then, I will simply enjoy the warm weather with my feet up on the couch with my laptop. Boring blog, but a boring day is a good thing today.

No comments: