Sunday, February 10, 2008

I Like Ryan

I'm pulling out all the stops.

I'm a huge fan of Ryan Detzel.

He is known amongst my Lawrenceburg friends simply as 'The Deputy'. That all began when Dave, my Canadian friend who makes fun of my accent, (eh?) couldn't remember what an assistant or associate pastor was called and just called Ryan 'The Deputy'. We all thought it was brilliant and kept it.

Ryan, on my first day ever at Vineyard Westside. walked up to me covered in tattoos and piercings and said, "Are you Jon's wife?" The rest of the conversation went as follows:
Me: Um, yes.
Ryan: I just want you to know that I so almost had an affair with your husband. After he did worship, I wanted to kiss him on the lips.
Me: Um, okay.

I really like someone who says those things that really shouldn't be said out loud.

My boys like Ryan because he has a wii. Just today Jack told Gable that he wants to have his birthday party at Ryan's house. What??? Jack also said that Ryan is his third favorite guy behing 1) Jon (thank God) and 2) Matt (that's a whole 'nother ballgame, but let's stick to talking about Ryan since he is the one I am trying to gain favor with tonight, shall we?)

Ryan is an incredible speaker and is truly one of the funniest people that I know. His wife is beautiful and kind and Ava is adorable and looks like one of the Shrek babies in Shrek 3. In the cutest way, I should add. His mother-in-law is even nice to me and even remembers my name, for goodness sake.

All in all, I like Ryan.

And I love a good competition.

3 comments:

Reverb said...

Alert the media...for the first time I can remember...I'm speechless. Wow.

Helen Ann said...

Brown noser!

Helen Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.