Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter is Almost Here!

I'm not quite sure of when or why it started, but our family gives up 'stuff' for lent. Well, except me because I am a quitter. No willpower. But that's another story.

Jack decided to give up water this year. Yes, water. He only drank milk this whole Lenten season. It took three and a half weeks to convince him that it was okay to take a shower.

Jon gave up chocolate, silly, silly man that he is. What he failed to take into consideration was my frequent trips to the candy store. The poor guy! You should have seen him pass up the Dove chocolate and turtles everyday. Willpower score: Jon- 1, Melanie - 0.

I don't know what Jonah and Gable gave up. I think Gable gave up anything to do with Tony Hawk, but I just can't remember what Jonah gave up. I'd ask him but he's sleeping and I'm enjoying my quiet time simply too much.

I wonder if I can get away with dressing up the boys for Easter. I have threatened the whole suit and tie thing before, but they know I'm totally bluffing. I think what we're going for is a nice t-shirt. I'd really, really like to dress all three of them alike, but I think they are also too old for this fine Easter tradition. And I know I can't fix all of their hair all pretty.

Sigh... the days of 'Mommy gets to choose clothes and fix hair for holidays and pictures' is getting more difficult.

Jon's just not going for it anymore.

Happy Easter!


3 comments:

DanThoms said...

I wore a tire for Easter once. Granted I was still wearing a t-shirt but I did wear a tie with it.

Unknown said...

I'm betting Jon would look cute in an Easter bonnet

James Olivia said...

Wow, you're such a nice person, this is wonderful.
Check out my website at https://24hiphopmuzic.com